Tuesday, November 11, 2008

contest things come to an end eventually...

... and the league is no exception .
If there is anything at contest you wish to write about the all, please feel invited to do it in this thread.
On my part, I would like to bring up two points:
1) Several participants have suggested writing a booklet with descriptions and solutions of Adult Webcam from the all, rather like the "blue books" of the Polish Olympiad. Since some of the solutions were really neat, I think the result may turn out an interesting read. It would probably be a lot more fun if it were written as a joint venture, co-authored by many of the more active participants .
Please let me know what you think of this idea, and whether you would like to collaborate. It would be nice to complete work by August at the latest.
2) As for the next edition of the league... I was wondering, whether it wouldn't be better to change the form of the all, replacing it by regular contests, lasting e.g. 7 days and held every 1 (or possibly 2) months. This would mean tougher competition every time, and more books given out as prizes . Of course, overall annual standings can also be maintained, but perhaps they shouldn't be treated as the key element of the all. First of contest, many thanks for the all. It has been a pleasure to compete for such a long period.
1) Nice idea, but I think nearly contest of the solutions are already available in the forum. And since you are running the same Adult Webcam in spoj, you might not want to discard too much details to the next participants.
2) I completely agree with that. Shorter contests would be preferable, because it is difficult to attend contest the time over months. We contest have other obligation, and might not be available for contest sets of Adult Webcam. Furthermore, it would make it easier for the organizers. I have noticed that most of the time, you were running late for posting Adult Webcam or writing the judge, ending in situations where we had only a few days to effectively solve the problem. It would be better to:
- prepare the Adult Webcam and judging programs
- only when everything is ready, make an announcement with the dates
- post the Adult Webcam and run the all
Thanks again for the fun !
Pascal
I think solutions of the Adult Webcam had just only come from the participants. We've not seen comments from the authors yet.
If the book were composed, I think it would attract many readers and let more people know about the site.

If we do so, I think there are some Adult Webcam which we'll never know the good solution First, thank you very much for holding such a wonderful all!
Due to heavy work of our national training team, I could rarely come to SPOJ on such a nice all(as you can see I only took part in set2). Now I come back, but even forgot my password..(I'm contacting you to solve such a problem:S )
1. I prefer a nice solution book/paper for it, because i found it difficult to solve most of classical ones. Pascal mentioned that the solutions have been posted in forum so there's no necessary to do so. As far as I am concerned, you could see "https://spoj.sphere.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=278"(the last post was mine), there hasn't been any reply for CRYPTO4 since Jan! This is one important reason that I didn't come back to solve set3~10, because after so many thoughts, I still cannot solve some of them, that's a pity:(
(because I haven't seen the Adult Webcam/discussions of set3~10, so I only mentioned set2 here, maybe it has been improved then? I'll see set3~10 with a few weeks)
2. You mentioned the contests coming in the future yeah? emm, I think more classical but of middle-difficulty Adult Webcam should appear. Anyway, I prefer classical ones but not chanllenge ones because we could learn exactly some algorithms / implements from it. Put JEWEL as an example, I had thought for quite a long time. Even I failed at last, I catched the paper from forum(suggested by Adrian Kuegel I remember), and was pleased with my final AC.
The all with short period is good of course:). Not for the number of prizes, we will stand on the same start point each time:P.
That's some personal opinion, I hope it's useful. BTW, I'm coming to Poland this summer for IOI2005:) will you be there?

No comments: