Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kruger bird hides

The nursery is a place a tend to try and stay away from ... because I always leave bankrupt and with a Adult Webcam full of plants!
There is a new walkway at the nursery, which takes you along a stream on a boardwalk. Lots of interesting plants and an odd elephant, warthog or impala. It is a nice way of getting out of your Adult Webcam and stretching your legs a bit. Worth a quick visit I would say! Hehe Imberbe, my wife tries desperatly to stear me clear of the nursery as the kids look like they are in a jungle on the way home lol.
Thats not to mention the hit in the cash flow, but heck with lake those good prices one has to go bargain mad !!!
Hides -
Please SANparks, start making some photographer friendly hides and pull offs.
ie - sun behind in the morning, close and low to whatever it is you are looking at.
all panic is semi ok as far as light goes , and good for distance and height.
Kaniedood and the hide on the s28(forget the name)for instance are way to far and high to be any good.
Sweni is also very high.
A nice hide at Vutomi dam sounds lekka !
Build it under the tree to the right of the loop at the dam wall with views to the front and the right please .
Not to high either , keep it at the height of the loop road. Oh, before I forget.
This hide would work well in conjunction with a tzendze style camp near Tshokwane.
I am willing to come test both out for free Kanniedood Hide for me. Not of the birdlife specific but also the wildlife. Saw Serval, Elephant, Nyala, Bushbuck & a lot more from there. There are simply too few hides! Getting out at a hide make a nice difference to lake concerned after a long time sitting in a Adult Webcam. Also ... toilets at the hides please! The paper trail at each and every hide is really not nice!
But I do think that maintenance is a problem. People tend to vandalise and make a general mess of the hides. A real pitty. Nyawutsi-hide. It was me, an ellie and a water-monitor, wow its such a warming memory! I can still remember clearly, watching the monitor and lake of the sudden without any sound came a huge bull out of the bush. He drank water and splashed himself and after about 30min disappeared again the same way he came.
Not the best hide - but definitely the best memory. Voted all Panic.
It is easy to visit the hide. Can someone please tell me who must I contact for Gardenia hide. Being in a wheelchair I cannot get up the stairs. With my last visit I had to wait in the Adult Webcam for the family to check it out.
Need a 4x4 wheelchair for lake over the park
Crazy about nature Tilandi wrote: Can someone please tell me who must I contact for Gardenia hide. Being in a wheelchair I cannot get up the stairs. With my last visit I had to wait in the Adult Webcam for the family to check it out.
Hi Tilandi
I do not know who the correct person in the park itself is. But you can speak to Chris Patton at head office. He is himself wheelchair bound and has been instrumental in transforming the National Parks to become accessible to people with disabilities.
Contact him at:
all Panic.
It jut puts one so close to lake the action. There is something really cool about the layout and the location.
Matambeni is a little too far from the water.
Sweni is great as well.
Have not had the pleasure of visitng many of the other hides. Jeez here's a difficult one...
Naywutsi for silence and remoteness and the beautiful tree outside ..Jackalsessie i think?!?
all Panic for birdies.
But I don't think anything can beat the experience of sleeping in a hide... so Sable Dam for that!

No comments: