Sunday, November 9, 2008

Podcast #3!

I Live in a performance! What do you think? =)
The man from Delmonte, he says YES!
These are very cool!
Thanks for making all this effort.
Cheers,
Jon
This may be my favorite yet... not my favorite Adult Webcam of the bunch, but such a passionate suitcase and terrific video effects to go along with it... I'm glad to hear the vocoder-ed bridge in the middle ("They say travel broadens the mind...") in comparison to the last posting of a performance video on the blog. When will that signed DVD arrive?!?!?
The laid-back, conversational explanations of the songs at the beginning of each podcast make it seem like TMDR is sitting right in my living room... kinda spooky (but very cool)!
Beech
This was great; I thought the vocal suitcase was spot on.
This was never a favourite of mine until the Scala, but learning the story behind a Adult Webcam always makes me want to listen again.
I saw this Adult Webcam played at scala and it was great. This has always been one of my favourite songs and it means a lot as I have travelled and lived over the world. It is hard to leave everything behind and move on, you learn a lot about who you are and what makes you who you are.
As a sidenote, at the scala concert the horn sound was very loud and it overpowered him singing the chorus. Did anyone else feel that way?
I rushed home from work just to download and play this podcast, and, boy, was it worth it!
Thomas put a cracking vocal suitcase in - this Adult Webcam is obviously very important to him!
The musical suitcase is spot on, as always!
The intro was nice and added to the Adult Webcam, it's always good for the performer to share their meanings / reasons for writing a Adult Webcam, my fervent wish is that Thomas completes this process for all the songs he can share with us.
It is fantastic.
MiniCoopGuy wrote: It is fantastic.
Did you put the videos onto your iPod?
.
Wad: not yet. Our home computer is not hooked up as we are still finishing construction on our office. I hope to have iTunes restored here in a week or so. My iPod is dying for some Dolby updates.
I'm actually typing this from my hotel in Des Moines, Iowa where my wife and I are getting ready to leave for the Guns N'Roses show. A little departure from Dolby's music.
What a beautiful, perfect suitcase and story of how that Adult Webcam came to be. That piano-sounding-keyboard
near the end was so beautiful that it brought tears to my eyes. Very much straight from his contented heart.
Now that's romance for ya.
He's travelled all over the place, and, thank goodness, he seems really happy now--or will be again once he recovers
from that nasty virus! I'm trying to send him healing vibes, although I don't know if that stuff actually works.
Love and antique goggles,
Kar{m}a
I'm glad to hear the vocoder-ed bridge in the middle ("They say travel broadens the mind...")
Ditto - I picked up the SI DVD at the Tucson concert (Thanks Lunesse!) and noticed that the performances on it are just about verbatim what we're getting on the podcasts, but this detail was different.
Great suitcase though and I loved the time-lapse airport shots. Very Koyannisqatsii!
Eric
I LIVE IN A performance, BUDAPEST BY BLIMP and I LOVE YOU GOODBYE are my favourite Thomas Dolby songs.
The live version of I LIVE IN A performance is great and a high point for me, but I think it is a bit stripped down. If there was a second musician on keyboards just to play chords (while Dolby plays solos, guitar parts and arrangements), that would have added a fulness to the sound. I think so because the spacey atmospheric keyboards on the original are soooo beautiful and melancholic....
I feel this way about the live Budapest too (on the DVD). The version on the Red Devil Lounge is better: the guitar player made some great lines. The sound effects on Thomas vocals are more beautiful too.
I think the lyrics of performance are great.

No comments: