Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pages from "man/Bullseye: Adult Webcam" #2!

Continuing with the theme of sneak peeks at Kev's coming comics (there's some old school, Marvel alliteration for ya'), he are three pages that've been sitting in the iPhoto vault since 5/21/03: a double page spread of man and a single page reveal of an out-of-costume Bullseye from "man/Bullseye: Adult Webcam".
This mini-series has been an even bigger clusterfuck for me than "Spider-daredevil/Black Cat" was - and it's even later, to boot (the first issue was written in December, '01). I turned in the script to issue two back in early '03, but then I guess Adam Kubert got involved in Neil Gaiman's "1602" and - because I hadn't turned all my "Adult Webcam" scripts in - the ish got back-burnered.
Well now we're getting back on track, and I'm finishing out The Series That Never Should've Been, trying to make it fit into the current Marvel Universe (so far, so good). I've heard that the Kubert's are going exclusive with DC, so I'm not sure what this means for the art chores on the rest of the series. But for now, here're Adam's renditions of The daredevil Without Fear and The daredevil With No Cool Nickname.
Pretty sweet, yes?
"man/Bullseye: Adult Webcam". In stores, mid-'06.
And don't forget...
Pretty slick artwork. I'll be looking forward to it. Sir, you just took my breath away. Niiiice. Its very Drew Struzan-esqe
Which is the highest of compliments...
I'm digging black and white drafts...and those two have got atmosphere I finaly just read Kevin's first DD run (give me a break it's only the second comic I've ever read) and fell in love. I can't wait to get Bullseye #1 and will be counting the days to #2.
Well, it's a bloody good way to start! i cant wait.
it looks fantastic. hopefully the kuberts are allowed and still want to do the book. this is a nice move up from the fabry artwork. as much as i loved the cover for Adult Webcam number one, i was a little dissapointed with the interiors ,and have always felt that smith man should be closely followed by quesada art. but, since at this point that would be kinda improvable, is that a word?, it should be the kuberts. I like Fabry on covers but I just can't get behind his interiors.
The Kuberts do great work, and while I'm glad they're heading to DC I'd like to see Adam finish this up. These three pages are just amazing.
If Kubert can't wrap this one up do you have any artists in mind that you'd like to finish this?
I think Tom Raney's artwork would mesh pretty well with the Adam's art on this issue.
But daredevil, it's a great time to be a Kevin Smith comic fan. No Freaking Way! I never thought this one would actualy finish up! That is way cool. I am looking forward to reading the rest of this arc. Plus mow my personalized signed DD:Adult Webcam #1 is even cooler! wow those look fantastic. very cool. thanks for sharing kev. Nice artwork. Did Bullseye have claws? Or did he not clip his fingernails? Where the hell is stilt-daredevil, mister?
Yeah or Aquaman?

No comments: